If you have some village news you would like posted here then please contact us.
Ahead of The Duxford Air Show on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 September, IWM Duxford has released some important safety information that it wishes to share with local residents:
· IWM Duxford takes great care to ensure that its air shows are as safe as possible for everyone involved.
· ‘Secondary crowding’ is no longer acceptable at any air show and IWM has a duty of care to ensure that this is reduced as much as possible. It is therefore not safe to occupy the fields immediately south of the runway during the air show. If you do so you are putting yourself and the display pilots in harm’s way and potentially preventing IWM from continuing with the flying programme.
· In support of this, Grange Road will be closed on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 September 2016.
· In the event of an incident it is imperative that the emergency services have clear, unhindered access to the tracks across this land.
· These fields are private property and IWM has been working with the farmers to prevent trespassing. Therefore there is no public access to these fields at any time.
IWM will continue to monitor these measures and ensure where possible that the disruption to the local community is kept to a minimum. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Public Relations Manager